What Is Kodi?
Most people looking for kodi tv download. Formerly known as XBMC kodi is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub. Kodi is open source home theater software. Kodi featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. Kodi is available as a native application for Android, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Windows operating systems, running on most common processor architectures. For each platform, kodi offer a stable and development release(s). You can read the guide below on how to download and install kodi for windows pc / laptop.
Kodi Download for Android (Smartphone, Firestick, Android TV)
Kodi is available for android device. Android now became a popular operating system. Many devices using this OS such as Smartphone, Android TV, Amazon Firestick and more. Kodi can be installed to any android based devices. Here is how to install kodi on android devices.
- Go to your security settings and set “Unknown Source”. This is used for install any application from other source than Google Play Store.
- Download kodi app from here.
- Find the .apk you just downloaded and open it up. You can do this either through the download menu in the web browser or selecting it with a file explorer.
- After selecting the Kodi apk file you might be asked to select something to open it with. “Package installer”, “Google Play”, or some similar option will be what you want.
- You will get another confirmation screen where you will need to select “install”.
- Wait for the installation to complete. You’ve now installed Kodi for Android!
You can also install kodi app by download it on Google Play Store. It’s very easy and give you a lot of entertainment experience.
Kodi Download for Windows Based Device
Basically, there is 4 method to download and install kodi for windows pc. First of all is download kodi from microsoft store that available on windows 10. The second is download kodi from official kodi website. This can be used in all of windows versions such as Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. The third method to install kodi is using chocolately. You must have chocolately package installed on your windows to use this way. And the next way is portable mode. If you have a requirement to run a different version of Kodi you can use this way. Kodi has the ability to run in portable mode. It gives the user the flexibility to install multiples of the same version or multiple different versions.
Download Kodi Installer from Official Website
This is the most commonly used method and is similar to installing any other MS Windows software. Before installing check your windows version, if it’s 32-bit version then download the 32 bit Kodi installer.
- Open the internet browser on your PC / laptop.
- Download kodi installer from https://kodi.tv/download/849.
- Open the downloaded kodi installer.
- Click the Run button.
- When prompted click the Next button.
- There will be Agreement page, click I Agree.
- Kodi will use about 155 Mb space. If you have sufficient disk then untick the settings that you don’t want to install.
- Fill installation path you desired.
- Click the Install button.
- Wait for installation finish.
Kodi Download for Mac OS
- First you have to download kodi 17 krypton dmg from this link or here.
- Open dmg you’ve download.
- Drag and drop kodi app to application folder.
- Click kodi icon, there will be notification “Kodi can’t be opened because it is from unidentified developer”. Dont worry about that, this app is safe and legal. For more explanation of this, you can read Error Kodi Can’tBe Opened Because Its From Unidentified Developer On Mac.
- To open kodi hold down the Control key and click the application icon. From the contextual menu choose Open.
- Finally you can open kodi on your mac.
How to Watch Movies or Live TV on Kodi
After installing kodi on your devices now you will look for kodi watch movie feature. As defaults, kodi have feature to play movie locally from your device. But if you want to watch movies from the online source you have to add more feature to your kodi by installing Kodi Addons.
What are Kodi Addons
Kodi Addons are packages features and functions that not come with Kodi. So Addons is an additional program you can install to add more features and functions to your kodi. You can add live tv feature, movies streaming feature or you can change your kodi skins by installing addons. Add-ons are created by people on Team Kodi and third-parties. Kodi has addons official repository that can drive online content to your kodi such as Youtube, Hulu, Pandora and more. Third parties addons are now growing, there is a lot of third party kodi addons for watch movies online, stream live sports, stream live tv and more.
Best Kodi Addons for Movies 2017
The best working kodi movie addons in 2017 is Covenant kodi add-ons that are genesis and exodus addons reborn. Movie lovers will always love covenant addon because of its feature. The Covenant Kodi addon grants you access to a varied library of online streaming sources, bringing you the latest movies and TV shows straight to Kodi. Furthermore, you can following this link on how to install Covenant kodi Addons.